Friday, January 16, 2009

1956 Chevrolet Delray coupe




This is my second '56 Delray. The first one was also my first car in high school. Same color inside and out. I payed $325.00 for the first one in 1963. This one cost a little more, and it will be taken better care of.


This car has factory air and a three speed on the column. It has the smooth frame, which I have heard called a 'NASCAR' frame, and a 'California' frame. It has about 10,000 miles on a frame off restoration, and is a numbers matching car. It has no modifications other than tires and wheels, gauges, and clipped front springs.


This car is not a trailer queen, and is driven to local car shows and frequently driven on Sunny days.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, John, just a line to give you a nod. Great job on your site. I, too, have a non-trailer queen but I do understand someone who has that "perfect" paint job (not mine!) and is traveling many miles to get to a show. My neighbor has a mint 28 Chevy that wins awards most every time. He drives it to local shows (within 20 miles) but trailers it if it is out of the area. I sure understand that! His paint is puuuurrrfect!
    See ya!! Mustang Mike

    ReplyDelete