Saturday, December 27, 2008

The project




I finally found my truck. I had a '56 big window back in the eighties but it had to be sold to buy groceries. I guess you could say I ate my first truck. This one is a '55 with a good solid body and a cheap paint job. It has a 235 six cylinder and a three speed with overdrive. It is a sweet running little truck and it will almost be shame to hot rod it. Almost...


At this time, plans call for a Jim Myers chassies, tubbed, a 5 speed Tremac, and a 454 with a low profile blower. Most of this work will be done by Jon Mannila and crew at Metal Works.

1 comment:

  1. At your age one would think you could afford a new car by now! or at least a tricked out Ford Falcon! The question, really, is the art in the old cars or their young cargo? jerry

    ReplyDelete