Saturday, December 12, 2009

URGENT! RENEW NOW!



I read a lot of magazines. If I like a particular magazine I will subscribe for a year or two. When my subscription expires, I will renew it a couple of months ahead of time so as not to miss issues. Unless they piss me off. Lately, a lot of magazine peddlers have been pissing me off.

When the second or third issue of a two year subscription comes with a 'urgent renewal' notice, I first thought there was an error in their system. It isn't an error! It is a dishonest and deceptive marketing tactic designed to cheat their own customers.

One publication (CLASSIC TRUCKS) was so 'in my face' with urgent renewal notices I didn't renew. After writing twice, and calling once, they agreed to remove me from that particular marketing tactic. Too late though. They had already pissed me off.

Another thing that irritates me is the little cards inside all of the magazines. One? Fine. Four? What is the point? It must be effective for some or they wouldn't do it. It only irritates me.

I know I'm just an old dog sittin' on the porch barkin'. I don't bite, but if ya irritate me long enough, I'll cock my leg and piss on your magazine.

Drive safe... John

No comments:

Post a Comment