Sunday, May 3, 2009

Stealing Danny's hubcaps


We liked Danny. Everyone liked Danny because he was cool. He was older than us and had a car so he was real cool. He had a temper sometimes, and you could see it every time we stole his hubcaps. He had four bar flipper caps, kind of like the ones on Randy's car in the picture. I don't remember his car real well, but then I never had his car in my wall locker.
We never kept his caps very long. Just long enough for him to quit yelling about what he was going to do SOB's that stole his caps when he caught them. We never said anything, we would just put them back in his car when he wasn't around. One time we put them back on, but we put rocks under them. When I finally got a car my senior year, I didn't put hubcaps on it. Flippers were cool, but there were a lot of SOB's in that school.
Danny is gone now. He had a heart attack and died way too young. I hope it wasn't stress from high school. I miss you Danny,and if you're reading this, the rocks were Jim's idea.
John

1 comment:

  1. I miss Danny also. A good reminder of past {glories?} Rocks in hubcaps is still a valid idea.

    ReplyDelete