Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Garage tour












Every year the VALLEY CRUZERS hosts a garage tour and this year my shop was included. We had a good turnout. There were hot rods, street rods, and classics everywhere. Good people and hot rodders. (in my experience, usually the same thing) No better way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
I am humbled frequently by the skills and knowledge some of these people have. As I show someone a car I bought, I am shown a car they built. A quiet man who lives around the corner from me does it all. Motors, paint, chassis and interiors. No bragging, just building. I can learn a lot from this man. My friend from Brownsville who built his '56 Chevy himself and can fix anything. People who were building and racing hot rods long before I bent my first push-rod. (moms station wagon) This hobby is as much, if not more, about the people as it is the cars. Thanks for coming folks. Thanks for including me...
John



1 comment:

  1. John, looks like you like the same things I do! Love the garage tour. I have a couple of friends who really like to "do it big" when it comes to their cars. Me, I hire most of the work because this old body just can't crawl under the car anymore! Great job with your blog, by the way!! Mustang Mike

    ReplyDelete